“Web Wisdom” is an essential reference for anyone needing to evaluate or establish information quality on the World Wide Web. The book includes easy to use checklists for step-by-step quality evaluations of virtually any Web page. The checklists can also be used by Web authors to help them ensure quality information on their pages. In addition, “Web Wisdom” addresses other important issues, such as understanding the ways that advertising and sponsorship may affect the quality of Web information. It features:
* a detailed discussion of the items involved in evaluating Web information;
* checklists tailored to the creation and evaluation of specific Web page types (advocacy, business, informational, news, personal, entertainment);
* over 40 screen captures illustrating the principles presented in the book;
* discussion of copyright issues and meta tags; and
* a glossary of terms and bibliography.