Spain says 655 people died overnight; India announces stimulus package; WTO warns economic impact will be worse than 2008
- Coronavirus latest – at a glance
- UK coronavirus – live updates
- Men are much more likely to die from Covid-19. But why?
- How did Spain get its coronavirus response so wrong?
- See all our coronavirus coverage
The number of confirmed coronavirus deaths in the Netherlands has risen by 78 to 434.
Romania’s minister of heath, Victor Costache, has resigned a day after saying on national television that every resident of Bucharest, the Romanian capital, would be tested for coronavirus, with teams going door-to-door to administer the tests, writes Kit Gillet.