Spain death toll passes 4,000; IMF urges G20 to double emergency funding; WHO sees ‘encouraging signs’ in Europe
- UK coronavirus – live updates
- US coronavirus: record 3.3m people file for unemployment
- Spanish coronavirus deaths slow as global case total nears 500,000
- Men are much more likely to die from Covid-19. But why?
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Hi, Sam Gelder here. I’m taking over the live blog from my colleague Ben Quinn. Please get in touch with any tips at [email protected]
A grim milestone. The number of confirmed cases of coronavirus worldwide has passed the half a million mark, according to the latest figures on the Johns Hopkins University global dashboard.
Cases stand at 510,108 while there have been 22,993 deaths.